Pairing Up...

Well I went of to Coventry this evening for the 2weeks2makeit launch and to find out who I was going to be paired up with.

I was late, by half an hour, but in time to hear some of the good stuff about the competition and see some of the entries from previous years.  The bar was set high and suddenly I was feeling even more of an amateur and newcomer than I had been already.

Having decided all I could do was be honest to everyone about my lack of experience and just do the best I can, I waited to hear who I was going to get paired with.  They picked names out of a hat and I was paired with a band called Flesh Eating Foundation, their genre was described by them as Gospel, Healing and Easylistening.  Obviously, this was irony but for a moment I thought may be it was the real deal and that the name was all about destroying the flesh and getting closer to God.  Ha ha, no chance.

The band couldn't be there this evening, but we did have a skype call so I got to 'meet' them.  Great blokes,   we spit balled a couple of ideas but agreed that we would meet up in the week to get something concrete.

Have listened to their song a couple of times, but yet to have that spark of inspiration...

Well tomorrow I am off to Birmingham for the 'take to the streets' exhibition that is currently running in the Colmore Business District and I may get to squeeze in a little motorebike filming too!

Comments